Thursday, June 5, 2008

Grandchildren are the reward!

Don't they just look EXHAUSTED from their day of MICHEVIOUSNESS! They fell asleep as soon as they got in the van and we picked them up...I thought they looked so sweet that I had to grab my camera and snap a shot... Good thing I got this before I got home .... Apparently during rest time this afternoon they were doing something besides resting!.....


Hum... There's a saying that says Grandchildren are the reward you get for not killing your children....


I wonder if I'll get GRANDCHILDREN!


Tony, (Ryan's business partner)...thought he would give me a break and watch the boys today while I went to work with Ryan since he knew I've been having a hard time with the kids...


He said he'd keep all 3.... but I decided that Tyce would be better off with me... All I can say is I am so GLAD I kept Tyce.... by the way (TYCE was AMAZING and such an ANGEL all day long!)

I checked in with him several times throughout the day and he kept saying oh it's going great!... I don't know if he was oblivious or WHAT???...

So, we met up with him about 7 tonight... He had the kids from 10:30 to 7pm... I left him with a schedule and lunch prepared and activities for them to do...


I don't think he checked on them at all.... They just had free reign of the place... But no one ended up in the emergency room so I guess that's the best part of the day...


They broke open a microbead pillow... And must have had a hayday spreading beads all over the upstairs pretending it was snowing (probably stemmed from a conversation a day ago that Vegas is pretty hot, if it doesn't snow does that mean Santa doesn't come)... I guess they wanted Santa to come today... These little super tiny beads are staticy...and are stuck everywhere... I went to lay Tyce down in his crib...and it took me 30 minutes cleaning up his crib enough that he wouldn't inhale these little things...there is seriously a layer everywhere...stuck on the walls and windows... They spent two hours cleaning before I came home...and had filled up a vacuum bag with microbeads.... so they did put some effort into the cleaning..they had a few towels up here wet...thinking water would help clean it up...But I have put in a good hour cleaning...and it's still gonna need a couple hours tomorrow....


Next area...The outside..Tony let them play in the water...They filled up a igloo dog house full of water..and were floating their LEGO boat... I'm sure they just thought all of this was so much fun.... They moved at least 200 bouncy ball size rocks into a nice little rock formation on the patio...


Anyway you get the gist... I was the LUCKY one I got a BREAK from Tanner and Tate... But tomorrow...I'll be CLEANING ALL DAY just from my day off!....


A little lego structure I found... Don't know if I should be concerned or what... all those little yellow round things are lego people heads and that is a lego man with a sword... MAYBE Tanner needs COUNSELING! I found this after he was asleep so I haven't gotten his interpretion of the structure!

Well gotta go to bed so I can start CLEANING tomorrow... My plan was to take them swimming tomorrow...but now I gotta clean!...ARGH!!!!.... HELP does anyone else have days like this?????????

8 comments:

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

OH BOY! I am so sorry! I'm glad you got a break but sometimes when you get back you wonder if it was truly worth it? I'm sure the kids are just trying to re-adjust after the move. Your not the only mother that feels like you're going insane. I can't help but giggle a little at your kids. It's funny when it's not your own kids. SORRY, Good Luck Cleaning!

Soccer Mom said...

Have fun cleaning! We have days like this at our house often. I just try to get the girls involved in helping me clean, that way they try not to make the mess again!

The Teuschers said...

I opened a little bean bag that we have to steal some of the beads so I could make something a little while ago and the beads flew EVERYWHERE!! I can't believe how they just stick to everything and they're sooo hard to clean up...I was only dealing with a small amount...not an entire pillow, but I can kind of picture what your upstairs might look like. I have no advice..just best wishes for a fun cleaning day. Maybe you should make a list for the boys like you did moving to Vegas and concentrate on the good...and then keep thinking about all of the good things when they do something like this.
Before you clean it up, take a picture :)
Love you!

Sidney Cottle said...

Have you still been doing sticker charts with the boys? Maybe they are still re-adjusting to the move like Daniele said and so they are acting out a little bit. I hope to start seeing some posts that don't contain the word ARGH in them. :) Love you...let me know if there's anything I can do from my part in the world!

Chad and Oléa Gough Family said...

Valorie, you poor thing! I can't believe it. You take a break and end up spending twice the time paying for it! I had to giggle imagining those stupid staticky beads everywhere. I HATE those things! A.J. had a pillow get a hole in it and I was cursing the person who gave it to her. I was glad A.J. was nice enough not to make a mess with it. It was just the handful that crept out on her way to bring it to me. I can perfectly picture your dillema. Wish I was there to help you clean it up!! Maybe try using some dryer sheets somehow?!!

Johnston*family said...

I think summer break brings out the little devil in kids...is it the heat? Good luck cleaning!!! My kids get so bored that there is nothing else for them to do except make messes. And the attitudes!!! YIKES! Mabye you can send Tanner to our house for a week or so, It would keep Clayton from getting so bored and getting in soooo much trouble... seriously! Love ya!

Dixie said...

You said it Valorie.. Grandkids ARE the reward.. I remember some challenging days with you when you were about that age.. but I think I learned patience from you .. haha...and understanding.... I will tell you this though.. Right now you think your life is going to be like this forever.. but it goes by sooooo fast.. be patient and enjoy every minute with those little boys.. they are darling.. and have such dang fun personalities.. take lots of pics--and write down the stories.. you will enjoy reading them to your grandkids about their mom and dad... haha... I love you Valorie.. Thanks for REWARDING me with grandchildren.. I love em so much.. and really really miss them ... and you.. and ryan :)

Jill said...

I love your house and colors .It looks like a fun place to live. How is the shopping down there , have you found any new places ? MIss you. Hope to see you soon . Jill